Struggling in Launching Your First E-Commerce Store!
Are you in the process of starting your own e commerce business? Are you wondering which e-commerce platform would suit the best?
E- commerce has been gaining its momentum over the past few years, as more and more people prefer purchasing goods and products on the internet to traditional shopping. When it comes to choose the e commerce platform to use in order to create your online store, it is important to choose the best e commerce that meets your initial needs, along with it gives you the required functionality to develop.
There are certain issues to bear in mind while choosing the right e commerce platform they are:
- What kind of e commerce business do you intent to begin?
- What kind of product are you willing to sell?
- What software you need?
- Can the platform scale as my business grows?
- Will the platform provide a safe, secure, and gratifying shopping experience to my customers?
And, to relieve you of your burden of choice, here’s a list of top trending e commerce platform that can benefit you.
Option 1 : WordPress (WooCommerce)
WordPress is an incredible tool for building a website when you wish to create content-focused website. It is an ideal answer for the individuals who need to assemble their own particular web store. WordPress is in fact, perfect for all aspects of content management be it creating/ editing pages and blog posts.
Benefits of using WordPress for your e commerce store :
- Easy management – As a browser- based platform, WordPress offers easy and hassle-free site management. You can login from any location or device and manage your business website.
- Easy-to-use – With numerous plug-ins and an easy-to-use interface, WordPress ensures smooth integrations. Adding blog posts, images, contents, and new pages happen to be quite easy and hassle-free with WordPress.
- Search-engine friendly – Search engine crawlers find it quite easy to index WordPress sites. Most importantly, WordPress sites ensure precise and comprehensive search engine optimization. The presence of Meta tags, description, keywords, and titles for every image ensures targeted and specific SEO.
- 100% customizable designs – Choosing WordPress as the platform for offers 100% customizable web designs thus helping you ensure a unique experience for your target audience.
- Plug-ins for functionality improvement – With unique, amazing, and affordable plug-ins, WordPress creates amazing opportunities for functionality improvement. You can add Twitter feeds, image galleries, Facebook FanBox, and event calendars to your site. Some of these plugins are also available for free.
- Optimum Scalability – One of the direct benefits of choosing WordPress is scalability. Irrespective of the number of contents added and included by you; WordPress sites will offer optimum functionality along with scalability. The scalability offered by WordPress will make that happen.
Option 2 : Shopify
Deciding to build online store is a great decision and a solid business model. Once you’ve decided on your products to sell, your next big decision is choosing a great e commerce website and Shopify offers one of the best e commerce web development platform. It is perfect for those who want to start their online store quickly and at an affordable price. It is fully hosted platform and you get the flexibility to have full-scale customization.
A reliable and easy to reach customer service is also readily available to assist you for your concerns and immediate needs. With a low monthly fee and a few transaction fees to consider, Shopify is one of the best places to launch your online selling site.
Benefits of using Shopify for your e commerce store :
- 50 E-Commerce Templates / Store Fronts to Choose From – Shopify has 50 fantastic themes / template styles to choose from. You can also easily customize any theme or template you get to ensure you get the precise look and feel you want for your business.
- Payment Processing – Shopify makes it super easy to integrate with a credit card gateway and/or Paypal. If you sell digital products – no problem – you can deliver them through an integrated app included with your Shopify subscription.
- SSL Checkout – You definitely want to offer your customers secure shopping. With all of Shopify’s e-commerce website templates and plans you automatically get to offer secure shopping for your customers with the industry standard 128 bit SSL encryption.
- Bandwidth: Unlimited – This means if you get a flood of visitors your site won’t shut down. Obviously this is critical to running a successful online e-commerce store.
- Automatic Back Ups – Shopify backs up your store so you don’t have to be concerned about losing any data.
Option 3 : Magento
Magento is a an e commerce platform built on open source technology. Magento offers flexible shopping cart system as well as maintains the look, feel and working of this online system seamlessly. Being one of the most popular e commerce platform today , it offers very crucial functionalities that are required today.
Magento is a feature rich eCommerce platform built on open source technology that provides online merchants with unprecedented flexibility and control over the look. Magento is ideal for anyone who is looking to start selling online or to convert an existing eCommerce platform.
Benefits of using Magento for your e commerce store
- Built For E-commerce – Magento was created primarily to serve e-commerce web development needs considering layered navigation, built-in shopping cart options, wish lists, multi-store and several other features.
- Flexibility – No matter how small or large your Magento web development project may be, you can quickly build customised solutions that work in sync with your e-commerce business needs owing to the flexibility of Magento platform.
- Mobile-Friendly – We are living in the mobile-dominated era. And so, your e-commerce site needs to be optimised for the mobile users. Since Magento comes with versatile mobile-friendly features, you don’t need to worry about making your web portal customised to serve mobile users needs.
- Optimized For Search Engines – Every Magento install comes packed with built-in SEO features. The Magento powered sites are capable of handling huge page traffic, page indexing, duplicate content and so on.
- Shopping Cart Options – Shopping cart is one of the most indispensable components of any e-commerce site, as it allows users to purchase their desired products from any e-store. With Magento, you do not depend only on third-party shopping cart options and instead can use the built-in carting solutions that allow customers to make purchases from a store.
- Provide Detailed Reports on Website Performance – Magento helps administer e-commerce sites without much hassle compared to other available e-commerce platforms. This is because detailed reports the platform provide to users regarding their website performance.
- Offers Plenty of Useful Add-ons – Every Magento installation offers tonnes of add-ons like extensions, templates, marketing tools that helps in developing a fully functional online store. The best part is that you can add any new extension or install a new template without impacting your site’s performance.
Now that you are aware of the ways of launching your e commerce store take time to look at what you simply need to do and consider these factors to make it successful with the right tools and people in place when you get going.